[DWJ] weight (was Bad Mothers (was HP))

Tina liril at gmx.net
Fri May 18 09:15:55 EDT 2007

Kyla responding to Kathleen about weight gain trough healthy country living
> Oh, yes, indeed! That's one of my favorite parts of both The Secret Garden
> and Understood Betsy--in each case, the main character was unhealthily
> scrawny, and when she went to the country and started *doing* things, and
> being outside, and not being hovered over, she started eating and
> exercising and fattened right up.

I just have to pipe in with a "me, too". Same books, same feelings. :-)

Bettina

PS: I've also liked the beginning of Johanna Spyri's "Heidi" for the
descriptions of the mountains, fresh air and country food. I generally
like food descriptions, unless they are of course - obDWJ - by Nan.