[DWJ] Kate

Thu May 17 20:02:01 EDT 2007

On Thu, 17 May 2007 17:51:11 -0500, Mark Allums wrote:

>Melissa Proffitt wrote:
>>> Like
>>> "fat people eat all the time" -- we aren't bothered by that when
>>> we see it in books, even though we *also* see thin people who eat
>>> all the time and we just say to ourselves "how *does* she do
>>> that? I'm so jealous!" and forget about it.
>>
>> I always wonder about people at both ends of the spectrum, now that I'm not
>> underweight anymore.  I assume such thin people are feeding their tapeworms.
>
>Fat people consume more calories than they are using up, end of story.

Well, yes.  But when I read about the 900+ pound man who has to be airlifted
out of his bed, I really really wonder how one could possibly consume that
many calories.  I tend to eat more than I should (and I am positively
addicted to Coke) but even so...basically, human physiology is astounding,
isn't it?

Melissa Proffitt
shaped like a pear since 1999