[DWJ] Lloyd Alexander

Jenny Schwartzberg schwartzbergj at newberry.org
Thu May 17 11:13:53 EDT 2007

Dear all,

I just heard this morning that Lloyd Alexander died (via Child_Lit) and
I think many of you would also have read him.  I copy the email
announcement below.  May he rest in peace.

Jenny

Dear Community,

There is sad news. Lloyd Alexander died this morning. He was under
Hospice care and was at home in his own bed where he wanted to be.

His wife, Janine, to whom he was married for sixty-two years, died two
weeks ago - also at home. (He met and married the French Janine in Paris
at the end of WWII.)

His last book, THE GOLDEN DREAM OF CARLO CHUCHIO is out in galley form.
Holt publication date is August. It is vintage Alexander.

Lloyd said about CARLO, "I have finished my life work."

With respect,

Kemie Nix