[DWJ] Bad Mothers (was HP)

Jenny Schwartzberg schwartzbergj at newberry.org
Thu May 17 11:11:27 EDT 2007

Yes, I love the Perilous Gard too, and I don't remember Kate's being fat
in the beginning either.  I must dig out my copy.  I always thought she
was skinny and awkward in the way a lot of teenagers are and had simply
grown into her body Underhill as well as learning to be graceful.
There's also an implication of real time passing Underhill that doesn't
line up with normal time but that is such a common trope in fairy tales
and fantasy stories...

Yours,
Jenny