[DWJ] Bad Mothers (was HP)

deborah.dwj at suberic.net deborah.dwj at suberic.net
Thu May 17 10:59:10 EDT 2007

On Thu, 17 May 2007, Hallie O'Donovan wrote:
> I wasn't convinced by your last mention of The Perilous Gard this way and
> still don't buy it!  How can you fit Alicia's saying about Kate's physical
> change 'But you know how *bony* and how stiff in the back you always used to
> be?' with her having been fat before the transformation?  (Italics-equivalents
> mine.) Obviously physical maturation has happened with the breast and
> hip/waist change, but I can't see describing it as an overall change from fat
> to feminine curves.

You know, this lives in my head as a symbolic example but I
haven't read the book in years. I will reread and either withdraw
that specific example (although not the overall statement) or
defend my impressions from the text. :)

-deborah
--
Never postpone committing violence you are inclined to commit at
once. Later on, you might not be as pissed off.