[DWJ] what we claim

Minnow minnow at belfry.org.uk
Wed May 16 18:59:56 EDT 2007

Devra wondered:

>Is this along the lines of 'I'm forceful and well informed, you're blunt,
>and he's tactless?'

Can't we fit in "robust argument" somewhere here?  I think that's the
polite form of "jumping up and down on his head", but I can't find the
mid-point bromide.

>> Maybe we all realise that "brilliant and very articulate" is decoded as
>> "big-headed know-it-all loudmouth" if one claims it for oneself?
>> Minnow (who spits pebbles better than *anyone*)
>
>Yes.  _Other_ people can say you're brilliant and articulate, though.

But are they going to admit my incomparability in the pebble-spitting stakes?

Actually, I suspect brilliance isn't something small vulnerable fish regard
as a Good Plan, because it makes them into an obvious target for passing
pike.

Minnow (hiding her light under a bullrush)