[DWJ] Feature on The Worlds of Chrestomanci

Dorian E. Gray israfel at eircom.net
Wed May 16 16:28:42 EDT 2007

Judith said...

>What would YOU include in a piece that is designed to give young readers a
>flavour of the books and entice them to read them?

Don't forget the washing-up spell in "The Magicians of Caprona" - the orange
spaghetti grease everywhere is one of my favourite scenes ever.  And Nan's
descriptions in "Witch Week".  And Christopher taking the roof off his
tutor's house in "The Lives of Christopher Chant".  Also in the latter, the
gardeners' efforts at protecting the Castle, and the boot-boy's booby-traps.

Until the sky falls on our heads...

Dorian.
--
Dorian E. Gray