[DWJ] Conrad's mother

swones at ksg.harvard.edu swones at ksg.harvard.edu
Wed May 16 16:07:32 EDT 2007

Did anyone else see a resemblance between Conrad's mother and the mother in
The Fluffy Pink Toadstools?  Maybe "feel a resemblance" is more accurate
for what I noticed...somehow the depiction of both of them made me feel
uncomfortable in a way that most of the "bad" moms in DWJ do not.

Suzanne

             devra at aol.com
             Sent by:
             dwj-bounces at suber                                          To
             ic.net                    dwj at suberic.net
                                                                        cc

             05/16/2007 12:20                                      Subject
             PM                        [DWJ] Conrad's mother

             Please respond to
              dwj at suberic.net

Charlie's description of Conrad's mother was wonderful. Now I wonder if she
would have been as 'Bad' if her focus had been her ART (as in painting,
etc) or writing something other than Feminist Tracts? I'm not sure whether
her tracts were well written; they certainly didn't seem to be popular (but
that's not really relevant, is it?)

Devra