[DWJ] frogs

devra at aol.com devra at aol.com
Wed May 16 12:24:10 EDT 2007

'I'm a wide-mouthed frog, and I eat flies. What do you eat?'

'I'm a something-or-other bird, and I eat squishy, juicy worms.'

etc etc

until the frog meets an alligator (?) who eats yummy wide-mouthed frogs. Whereupon the frog closes his mouth into a teeny tiny squished-together purse and says, 'Oh. You don't see many of them around here' and softly and silently vanishes away.

It's a pop-up book, and the frog's mouth is Really Big... sorry I can't remember the author right now.

Devra, former juvie librarian