[DWJ] Sacking the maids...

Otter Perry ottertee at silverwinggraphics.com
Wed May 16 11:44:38 EDT 2007

On May 16, 2007, at 9:11 AM, Minnow wrote:

> deborah mused:
>
>> I love how everybody is always talking about the "brilliant and
>> very articulate people on this list" but nobody ever admits to
>> being one of those brilliant and very articulate people (except,
>> of course, for Melissa, who is aJ&AR). There's something mystical
>> going on here, I'm sure of it.
>
> Maybe we all realise that "brilliant and very articulate" is decoded as
> "big-headed know-it-all loudmouth" if one claims it for oneself?
>
> Minnow (who spits pebbles better than *anyone*)

Yes.  _Other_ people can say you're brilliant and articulate, though.
For example, I think Minnow and deborah are brilliant and articulate.
[This is _not_ a complete list of those I think to be brilliant and
articulate.]

Otter

[who is [obviously unsuccessfully] resisting an urge to point out
  that ...  Hey!  I did resist it!]

Now the thing about having a baby -- and I can't be
the first person to have noticed this -- is that thereafter
you have it.

                                                 - Jean Kerr