[DWJ] Bad Mothers (was HP)

Charles Butler charles.hannibal at gmail.com
Wed May 16 10:29:28 EDT 2007

So, going back to Hallie's original question, which I fully admit I have no
good answer to - given that the mother in *Conrad's Fate* is not only
selfish (which any parent may be, for my money) but that her selfishness is
presented as hypocritical, and hypocriticial precisely because of
her feminism - does it matter that she is the only self-proclaimed feminist
in the DWJ canon? The fact that parents, and particularly mothers, are
always open to blame for everything they do or don't do with their children,
doesn't really address the more specific point of this character's
presentation.

Charlie

--
Website: www.charlesbutler.co.uk