[DWJ] Feature on The Worlds of Chrestomanci

estairm at yahoo.com estairm at yahoo.com
Wed May 16 06:55:26 EDT 2007

Judith Ridge wrote, among other things:

> What would YOU include in a piece that is designed
> to give young readers a
> flavour of the books and entice them to read them?
>
> Honestly, I am not asking the list to do my
> homework‹but with such a great
> resource of fans to hand, I¹d be silly not to
> include the list in my
> research!
>

> Cheers,
>
> Judith

Judith, what about some of the great magic in The
Magicians of Caprona?  The great family duel springs
to mind.

Or magic that is not so well done, perhaps.  The
cardboard coachman that goes soggy in the rain.  Or
Angelica turning her father green.  Or the great
kitchen caper where they attempted to save some work
by using magic and it went awry.   Smelly and buggy if
I remember correctly. I haven't read in years, I
think, so some of this may be wrong.

Have fun,
Esther