[DWJ] Writing for the young (was Dumbledore vs. Snape)

Irina Rempt irina at valdyas.org
Wed May 16 05:00:42 EDT 2007

On Wednesday 16 May 2007, Paul Andinach wrote:

> What I hate in non-fiction books is when *most* of the endnotes are
> citations, but every now and then there'll be a paragraph of something
> relevant but tangential that would have spoiled the flow if it had
> been left in the main text. If all the footnotes are citations, I can
> just ignore them, but if some of them aren't I have to keep following
> them and mostly being disappointed.

I had a music-theory book like that, and took the time once to mark all "real"
notes in fluorescent marker in the text as well as in the notes themselves.
It was a lot of work, but saved more in frustration.

   Irina

--
Vesta veran, terna puran, farenin.          http://www.valdyas.org/irina/
http://www.valdyas.org/foundobjects/index.cgi         Latest: 09-May-2007