[DWJ] Sacking the maids...

Mark Allums mark at allums.com
Wed May 16 03:11:23 EDT 2007

Juliette Curtis wrote:
> Yeah, stuff like that. And measuring the distance between chairs, and all
> the running around that all those people do just to take care of a very
> small family.
>
> (I've been thinking about your comments on why you lurk. There are lots of
> very articulate people on this list and I am not one of them, as this post
> proves. But I don't want to become a lurker. I must basically be a
> loudmouth. Maybe I'm a loudmouthed frog. Remember that old joke? But Minnow
> spits pebbles at people on this list so I can croak if I feel like it. I'm
> rambling. It's the caffeine. I'll shut up now.)
>
> (Croak.)
>
> Juliette

That's Wide-mouthed frog.  Great joke.  Somebody should tell it.  It
really needs a visual though.  There's a cute small children's book some
one put together using it.

Right now, I'm not actually lurking.  So, hmmm...* that makes this a bit
of a hypothetical discussion.

--Mark Allums, *Confirmed ellipsis abuser.  And excessive footnoter.