[DWJ] stereotypes

Susanna Victoria dragonflygreen11 at yahoo.com
Tue May 15 22:28:20 EDT 2007

Otter Perry wrote:

>Speaking of Authorial Comment, do other folk read Lemony
>Snicket?  I read an article when  it was announced the series
>was ending, so I went to the library and got the first three.

>I don't like them much.  And I'm not vastly amused by the
>Authorial Comments.

Ugh, yes.  I Lemony Snicket's Authorial Comments.  They are in fact what kept me from ever reading beyond Book 1.  I found them all too-too self-consciously clever and arch. I particularly disliked the ones where he explained the meaning of words.  I mean, I know he thought he was being funny with the definitions, but it seemed condescending towards the reader.  In fact, the entire narrative style was condescending.

Susanna

~~~~~
Let the heart complete the pattern.