[DWJ] Mermaids^Wmer-people (was HP)

Minnow minnow at belfry.org.uk
Tue May 15 12:09:52 EDT 2007

and Otter wrote:

>So.  Has anyone else read Tom Holt's _Expecting Someone Taller_?

Er, yes.  In 1988, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1990, 1991 and a few times since.

If you ever want to irritate Tom Holt, there are two sure-fire ways to do
it.  One is to suggest that a beat-up small car that runs into even an
ordinary badger does not just get "a small dent in the wing" and drive home
afterwards: it gets towed to a bodywork garage to have the front
reconstructed.

The other is to tell him that rats can't vomit.

I speak from experience here.

Minnow