[DWJ] Applegate (was HP)

Ika Willis blake at gaudaprime.co.uk
Tue May 15 02:03:39 EDT 2007

Farah wrote:

> Applegate is an unsung Genius.

Sharing the Applegate love. She also wrote an extremely good
anorexia/bulimia novel - one of my top three anorexia/bulimia novels
ever, in fact - whose title I unfortunately can't remember offhand,*
and the *Making Out* teen romance series which is pure gold and got me
through Finals. I haven't read her SF yet, though, but it's very
gratifying to hear that she wins in every genre.

>and recommend to you all her romance novel, Sharing Sam (by
> Katherine Applegate). the only romance for teens about polyamory I've ever
> come across,

Oo! Oo! I must read it immediately. And you must read (not
immediately, but when you have time and can get hold of it,
grumblegrumbleoutofprintbastardsect), *What Are Ya?* by Jenny
Pausacker, which is the only teen romance involving polyamory *I've*
ever come across. (Though it's really more a school story than a teen
romance.)

Love, Ika

(In the unlikely event that this spawns a long Jenny Pausacker thread,
I will declare my interest, in that I'm sitting in her house in
Melbourne as I write this - she's the girlfriend I mentioned a while
ago who's just got her UK visa. So watch it ;) )

*I just googled it - it's called "Please Don't Go", which explains why
I couldn't remember the title.