[DWJ] HP

Kyra Jucovy klj at sccs.swarthmore.edu
Tue May 15 01:27:05 EDT 2007

On Tue, 15 May 2007, Farah Mendlesohn wrote:

> A lot of children's fiction (and even more so "ensemble" YA fiction) uses
> avatars: these are relatively hollow characters given a set of attributes
> who children can then inhabit as they are moved around the story. K. A.
> Applegate uses these particularly well in her teen fantasy series Everworld
> (if you haven't read these, they are serious, scary and intense--just
> amazing in fact).

Goodness!  The _Animorphs_ woman?  Just amazing?  Really?  That's
fascinating!

I should note that I was so surprised by this recommendation that I ran
over to check out the Wikipedia article on this series, and as soon as I
read what the premise of the series was, my first thought was, "okay, that
_does_ sound potentially really good."

> Farah

						---Kyra

---
"Pelops sulks.  He walks with the others down into the kitchen and gets in
the stew pots.  'I hate you,' he says.  'You're ruining my life.'"
			---Rebecca Sean Borgstrom, _Hitherby Dragons_