[DWJ] Writing for the young (was Dumbledore vs. Snape)

Mon May 14 22:45:29 EDT 2007

On Mon, 14 May 2007 20:07:35 -0500, Mark Allums wrote:

>>> 8] They love interesting stories, not commentary, guides or footnotes.
>
>Well, I liked footnotes.  In Pratchett, anyway.  Oh, nevermind, I was an
>adult by the time Pratchett hit the scene.

Referential footnotes, not humorous ones.  I still hate it when I'm reading
a book with end notes and the reference turns out to be a gazillion
citations for other books rather than actual text.

Melissa Proffitt
(the footnote in Pratchett about the Electric Drill Chuck Key Fairy cracks
me up every time)