[DWJ] Writing for the young (was Dumbledore vs. Snape)

deborah.dwj at suberic.net deborah.dwj at suberic.net
Mon May 14 20:51:35 EDT 2007

On Tue, 15 May 2007, Minnow wrote:
> Oh dear.  I was afraid someone would say that.  And I am committed to
> reading them so that I can be informed in my judgement.  Eeep.  (This is
> like feeling obliged to read several Barbara Cartlands in order to feel
> justified in being very rude indeed about her work.  I wish I had not been
> brought up to try to be fair.)

Well, to be fair, only the Rowling dislikers seem to be speaking
up in this conversation.  Some Very Smart People on the list
quite like them.  I don't happen to be one of those people, but
-- tempting as it may seem! -- you need not take my opinion as
gospel. *g*

You don't need to read more than one BC to to be rude about her
work!  Now *there* is a woman who abused the ellipses mortally.

-deborah
--
Shall I compare thee to a summer's day?  Hot as hell.