[DWJ] Writing for the young (was Dumbledore vs. Snape)

Elizabeth Evans er.evans at auckland.ac.nz
Mon May 14 20:24:00 EDT 2007

Minnow gave an analogy:

(This is like feeling obliged to read several Barbara Cartlands in order
to feel
justified in being very rude indeed about her work.  I wish I had not
been
brought up to try to be fair.)

And have you? Read several BCs I mean. I don't think she's into
semi-colon abuse so much as ellipsis abuse - effective written depiction
of hyperventilating heroines.

ObDWJ (Not that I remember any Barbara-Cartland-ish heroines in DWJ's
books, but Sophie and Lettie do remind me of Georgette Heyer's heroines,
and since Barbara C modelled (cough) her books on Georgette Heyer's,
there is a tenuous connection there.)

Regards
Elizabeth.