[DWJ] Dumbledore vs. Snape - was Heyer and Ghibli (now withOUT Mononoke spoilers)

Ika Willis blake at gaudaprime.co.uk
Mon May 14 03:14:13 EDT 2007

Me/Farah:

> > *I will admit that this might be because I hate Dumbledore with such a
> > passion that I'm not entirely fair to him. But, dude, he keeps sending
> > Harry back to an abusive family 'for his own good', and he runs his
> > school on slave labour. Those are not things I can forgive, and I
> > don't think looking like Gandalf balances them out.
>
> Yep. The slavery issue. And no one willing to employ a "freed slave". And
> Winkie crying in the corner because she didn't want to be free.
>
> Can we all say "Tara" children?

Oh, God, that was *painful*, wasn't it? And don't forget Winkie being
driven to alcoholism and the House Elves' pidgin English.

It's also struck me that you can't actually *have* a race of "natural
slaves" unless you have a corresponding race of "natural masters".
Voldemort (and his, what, eleven followers) is just a flashy
distraction from all the things that are actually, structurally,
deeply wrong with the wizarding world.

Love, Ika