[DWJ] Re: Heyer and Ghibli

Kyra Jucovy klj at sccs.swarthmore.edu
Sat May 12 13:32:37 EDT 2007

I thought I would chime in on the _Totoro_ consensus from an unusual
perspective - I don't really consider myself a Ghibli fan.  I actually
actively dislike _Nausciaa_, and while I don't actively dislike any of the
others, I find most of them pretty dull.  But the exceptions to that, the
ones that even a Ghibli skeptic like me thinks are totally awesome and
wonderful, are _Spirited Away_ and _Totoro_.  _Totoro_ is like the perfect
children's film.  I loved it as an adult; I only wish that I could have
seen it as a child.

So see?  Everybody recommends it!

					---Kyra

---
"I was there when Lacan first set his guitar on fire.  I was there in
Florida when Walter Benjamin flashed his willy to the crowd.  But I'm
losing my edge to the kids."
					---Luther Blissett, _The Valve_