[DWJ] Re: Heyer and Ghibli

Otter Perry ottertee at silverwinggraphics.com
Sat May 12 12:50:37 EDT 2007

MY NEIGHBOR TOTORO.

I cannot stress this enough either.

MY NEIGHBOR TOTORO.

It's the most G movie you can imagine, but it's still
too totally wonderful for words.

One of the things I like about it is the depiction of
some aspects of traditional Japanese homemaking.
The scene in the bath is just *wonderful*.

Plus you've just got to love the Catbus.

Not to mention Totoro himself.

On May 11, 2007, at 8:27 PM, Ika Willis wrote:

> Aimee wrote:
>
>> I want to buy more Studio Ghibli, but I don't know which one is best
>> to watch next. Kiki's Delivery Service? I've seen Princess Mononoke,
>> Spirited Away and Howl's.
>
> MY NEIGHBOUR TOTORO.
>
> I cannot stress this enough.
>
> MY NEIGHBOUR TOTORO.
>
> Also, I cannot explain why, because it's an indescribable movie. But
> it's *awesome*.
>
> Kiki's Delivery Service is good too, though, and The Castle of
> Cagliostro is lovely and very DWJ-feeling. The only Ghibli/Miyazaki
> film I haven't liked much was Porco Rosso -  but on the other hand the
> whole film was worth it for one scene which... ::sniffles at the
> memory::

- I'm a little teapot, short and stout.
   Here is my handle and here is my ... my ...
   Hey, I'm a sugar bowl!