[DWJ] Re: Heyer and Ghibli

Charles Butler charles.hannibal at gmail.com
Sat May 12 05:15:58 EDT 2007

I just want to echo Ika: *My Neighbour Totoro* is the next one to watch,
definitely! Of the ones I've seen, it and *Spirited Away *are easily tops -
and regularly rewatched (which I can say of few films). Both are magical, in
the *best* way. My next favourites are *Kiki's Delivery Service, Howl *and *
Nausica* (sp?), in that order - just to give you a measure of how far my
taste may coincide with your own,

I actually own *Grave of the Fireflies - *but haven't quite been able to
bring myself to watch the end, owing to lack of Kleenex. It is *very* sad.
On the other hand, in Japan it was shown as a double bill with *My Neighbour
Totoro*, apparently, with no harmful effect - so, different strokes.

Charlie

--
Website: www.charlesbutler.co.uk