[DWJ] Re: Heyer and Ghibli

Ika Willis blake at gaudaprime.co.uk
Fri May 11 22:27:28 EDT 2007

 Aimee wrote:

> I want to buy more Studio Ghibli, but I don't know which one is best
> to watch next. Kiki's Delivery Service? I've seen Princess Mononoke,
> Spirited Away and Howl's.

MY NEIGHBOUR TOTORO.

I cannot stress this enough.

MY NEIGHBOUR TOTORO.

Also, I cannot explain why, because it's an indescribable movie. But
it's *awesome*.

Kiki's Delivery Service is good too, though, and The Castle of
Cagliostro is lovely and very DWJ-feeling. The only Ghibli/Miyazaki
film I haven't liked much was Porco Rosso -  but on the other hand the
whole film was worth it for one scene which... ::sniffles at the
memory::

Love, Ika