[DWJ] Pedantry Postal Course

minnow at belfry.org.uk minnow at belfry.org.uk
Fri May 11 14:23:45 EDT 2007

>Minnow said...
>
>> I'd add that the earlier works are less immediately endearing: Powder
>> and Patch is, well, early, and so is The Masqueraders and so is The
>> Black Moth.  She improved as she learnt her trade.

and Dorian cavilled:

>"The Masqueraders" was one of my early ones, and I loved it then and still
>do.  What's not to love about a brother and sister pretending to be sister
>and brother in Georgian high society? :-)  Though I always wondered why the
>sister's admirer didn't wonder about his sexuality when he found himself
>attracted to this "man"...

Of the early ones The Masqueraders is one of the less unwieldy, and it
does have what is regarded by a large number of people as the most
purely romantic scene in all of Heyer.

The other much-lover early one is of course Devil's Cub, which has the
hero most of the Heyer list long to take home and treat right... though
definitions of the right treatment for Dominic Alastair may vary.

Minnow