[DWJ] Lurkers on the list

Otter Perry ottertee at silverwinggraphics.com
Fri May 11 10:28:51 EDT 2007

On May 11, 2007, at 1:48 AM, Beck Laxton wrote:

> But does anyone else find White's revisions rather odd? (When you buy
> 'The Sword in the Stone' as part of 'The Once and Future King', TSitS
> has several chapters changed for others, losing Madam Mim for a visit
> to Morgan La Fay's castle, for instance. I get so distressed by this,
> being much atached to the original, that I'm quite incapable of judging
> whether the changes are really for the better.

I wouldn't say whether they're better.  However, they're very much in
line with an overall point of view he developed somewhere along the
line and revised everything to  fit.  I don't know how to describe it
exactly, but I would say he got more serious.

If you think the changes in _The Sword in the Stone_ are strange, you
should read _The Witch in the Wood_, which is the original of the
second book.

If you are the sort of person who thinks she
needs to go on a diet, realize this:  Everything
will always make you fat for the rest of your
life.

                                                    -- Merrill Markoe