[DWJ] Pedantry Postal Course

Belben, Philip (Energy Wholesale) Philip.Belben at eon-uk.com
Fri May 11 04:30:46 EDT 2007

Beck enquired:

> It was called 'Charity
> Girl', and I didn't get much out of it, I have to say. Was it an
> unlucky choice, or is Georgette not for me?

Not one of her best, I would say, but not an awful one that I'd expect
to put an unsuspecting newbie right off!

If you can bear to try another, have a go at Venetia, False Colours, The
Grand Sophy or The Toll Gate.   Or possibly Bath Tangle or Arabella or
Cotillion or The Quiet Gentleman... Everybody will have a different
favourite, I think, but all those I've listed are ones I'd recommend or
ones I've heard recommended.

Ones to avoid are the mediaeval ones (The Conqueror, Simon the
Coldheart, My Lord John), Royal Escape, Cousin Kate, Regency Buck.  Not
that I am saying that any of them is bad (The Conqueror is one of my
favourites), just that they're not good introductions to Heyer.

I'm sure others will have their own suggestions, but this is a start...

Philip.
our prior permission is prohibited.

represent those of the E.ON Group.

Coventry, CV4 8LG.
Registered in England & Wales No. 2366970

Coventry, CV4 8LG
Registered in England & Wales No. 4178314

Telephone +44 (0) 2476 42 4000
Fax +44 (0) 2476 42 5432