[DWJ] Archers Goon dvd

Mark Allums mark at allums.com
Wed May 9 19:26:22 EDT 2007

Judith Ridge wrote:

> On 8/5/07 5:22 PM, "Fiona Haggart" <fhaggart at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> As mentioned before, I had my off-air vhs copy of Archer's Goon put on
>> to DVD a little while back. I checked it today and it's not a bad
>> transfer at all, given the age of the original tape (15 years, eep!)
>> and how many times it had been lent out.
>>
>> I am going to assume that I'll be able to copy the disk easily enough,
>> so is there anyone who'd like a copy?  It'll be Region-free but will
>> be PAL, so anyone in the US would have to watch it on a PC I believe.

Gosh!  I would love a copy, especially a legit copy, but I'll take
whatever I can get.

I believe that quite a few programs can transcode PAL into NTSC and
back, although if one can use PAL, one should watch it in that format,
because it is a bit higher resolution, hence better picture quality.
Going from PAL to NTSC involves losing some data, never a nice thing.

--Mark Allums