[DWJ] Re: Archers Goon dvd

Roger Burton West roger at firedrake.org
Wed May 9 06:05:33 EDT 2007

On Wed, May 09, 2007 at 10:57:20AM +0100, Minnow wrote:

>As a matter of interest, would they not have to prove that copies had
>actually been made and distributed, even so?  I would have thought that a
>hypothetical "If I were to make copies of this tape would anyy want one?"
>question wouldn't amount to proof that such copies had actually been made
>and distributed.

The usual approach to date has been to start with a lawsuit, and take
advantage of the fact that most people can't afford the time or money to
defend themselves even if the case is specious and unprovable. (It
doesn't help that most judges and juries don't have sufficient technical
knowledge to decide the value of the evidence.)