[DWJ] Pratchett quote

Belben, Philip (Energy Wholesale) Philip.Belben at eon-uk.com
Tue May 8 08:01:10 EDT 2007

Robyn asked:

> along the lines of
> cats get away with being evil because they look nice, and lull us into
> a false sense of security. I don't have that book to hand, so I would
> really appreciate it if someone who did could help me out.

I'm not a Pratchett fan, but this reminds me of a passage somewhere in
one of Tanith Lee's darker high-fantasy books (Book of the Beast,
perhaps?  I'm pretty sure it's that series).  I can't remember the
wording, but the gist of it was how the Serpent had a furry body made so
it could make humans like it; and that we don't notice the snake-head
shape under the fur, and we don't even realise it when the Serpent
forgets itself and hisses, we just say, Oh, the cat's hissing again.

Philip.
our prior permission is prohibited.

represent those of the E.ON Group.

Coventry, CV4 8LG.
Registered in England & Wales No. 2366970

Coventry, CV4 8LG
Registered in England & Wales No. 4178314

Telephone +44 (0) 2476 42 4000
Fax +44 (0) 2476 42 5432