[DWJ] The House of Many Ways

Aimee Smith aimees001 at gmail.com
Tue May 8 03:47:03 EDT 2007

I've been having trouble posting, so hopefully this works at last:

(written on Monday)
WOOHOO!!!
Another Sophie and Howl story! And called 'House of Many
Ways!' (reminds me of my pet would-be-thesis/ongoing story writing
obsession topic, the role of the house in fantasy fiction *heart
races, mildly hyperventilates*)
Please pass on to her she has made my Very Bad Weekend A Whole Lot
Better.
Better than the shock of speaking to Dylan Moran (of Black Books) in
Borders in Brisbane yesterday!
!
I felt just awful today, and had Borders frustration yesterday (apart
from Dylan Moran - so many books and international dvds... so much
indecision... not nearly enough money). So I went on a book buying
binge today. I now own 'Pinhoe Egg' (to be read before becoming a
gift), 'Kristin Lavransdatter' (Probably not read before giving as
gift, unless people here can enthuse me), The Woman in White (which
is deliciously begun, and has truly hilarious descriptions of
characters), 'The Lives of Christopher Chant' and 'Charmed
Life' (these two on the cheap table!).
Hooray!
Not that I've got any further through my To Be Read pile. But just
buying and looking at books makes me happy. Just the idea of them,
pure and simple. Sigh.
:D - another Sophie and Howl story!
Thankyou!
Aimee.