[DWJ] Year of the Griffin

Minnow minnow at belfry.org.uk
Mon May 7 15:00:14 EDT 2007

Esther wrote

>I love Year of the Griffin and re-read it pretty
>often.  This last time something bugged me.  A lot.
>
>Wehrmacht was stupid, insulting, annoying, took credit
>for others' acheivements, and denied his own mistakes.
> Not someone you want to marry.  But it was pretty
>clear to the people around him that his bullying
>qualities came from insecurity.
>
>Did he deserve to be a permanent foot stool?

Bar stool, I thought?

I believe he's the one who is based on the doctor who in order to emphasise
that DWJ's back hurting her was "psychosomatic", but without actually
consulting her notes, leant on the site of her major back surgery and
bounced on it, causing her to pass out with the pain -- bar stool is too
good for him.

I can't help about the assassins, except that assassins are an essential
part of FantasyLand, and must be included somehow.  That they fail
completely is entirely outside the Rules set up by the Management, after
all!  Assassins don't *do* that.

Minnow