[DWJ] Year of the Griffin

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Mon May 7 14:14:22 EDT 2007

> Wehrmacht was stupid, insulting, annoying, took credit
> for others' acheivements, and denied his own mistakes.
>  Not someone you want to marry.  But it was pretty
> clear to the people around him that his bullying
> qualities came from insecurity.
> Did he deserve to be a permanent foot stool?

I thought it was a bar stool?

I believe attempts were made to retrieve him from his enchantment--
which, after all, was accidental, and an unfortunate consequence of his
own interference-- but there was something about him that refused to be
transformed back into human shape. Perhaps he found being a barstool
restful, or being a barstool suited his personality.

What I found disturbing was the fact that there were no consequences for
the Emir of sending out his assassins for no particular reason. Yes,
he's dotty, and they were assassins, so one guesses they deserved the
inconveniences heaped upon them. But sending assassins to wipe out an
entire community, to avenge *what*? At the least, the man needs a keeper
of some kind.

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net