[DWJ] Re: Why I love Dark Lord

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Mon May 7 14:05:03 EDT 2007

> I hated Dark Lord the first time I read it - I thought
> it was too similar to Terry Brooks Magic Kingdom and I
> found all the violence very disturbing.

I think that's why I like it-- it's a complete send up of all the
cardboard cutout stuff written by people like Terry Brooks. When people
act badly in pursuit of their in-game ends, they are made to experience
the same difficulties.  And [spoiler]

It turns out that while there are people who can help the embattled
victims, they won't do it until said victims are willing to do something
for themselves.

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net