[DWJ] Why I love Dark Lord (was: re: new book)

Otter Perry ottertee at silverwinggraphics.com
Sun May 6 19:47:08 EDT 2007

On May 6, 2007, at 1:28 PM, Elizabeth G. Holtrop wrote:

> *For instance, two of my other all-time favorite novels are Gaudy
> Night by Dorothy L. Sayers and Sunshine by Robin McKinley.  In the
> first, I know I'm very drawn to the exploration of academia as a
> cloister vs. living in the "real world."  In the second, I like the
> themes of accepting one's destiny and coming into special powers.

I have somewhat the same relationship with Sunshine.  It's a book I
read rather frequently for me [for any book other than those by Terry
Pratchett, which I'm almost always reading one or another of] and I
don't know why.

I distrust those people who know so well what God
wants them to do because I notice it always coincides
with their own desires.

                                          - Susan B. Anthony