[DWJ] new book

Kyla Mackay-Smith kyla at sccs.swarthmore.edu
Sat May 5 11:00:40 EDT 2007

On Sat, 5 May 2007, Minnow wrote:

> Otter asked:
>
> >How long a book is 70,310 words?
>
> *The Game* including the explanatory afterwords is 35,708 words.  So you
> can work it out from that, I guess.

Mmm. I am so looking forward to this.

Also, since I am sick with a nasty cold, I gave myself yesterday off from
school work and lay in bed all day, reading Dark Lord of Derkholm and Year
of the Griffin. And perhaps it just demonstrates how long it's been since
I read some of DWJ's (longer) work, but I just love how the characters are
so three-dimensional and easily distinguished from each other. There's not
the feeling (::cough:: recent Deryni books ::cough::) that the people who
are supposed to be the main characters are just names slapped on some
actions and a few descriptive words.