[DWJ] Another question for the brain trust

Wed May 2 14:02:11 EDT 2007

On Wed, 2 May 2007 08:37:32 -0600, Otter Perry wrote:

>There are handheld scanners which download to your computer.
>I saw one for $299.99 which holds 150 barcodes.

I considered one of those when I was shopping for a barcode reader a few
years ago.  The idea was to prevent me from re-buying books I already owned
but had forgotten about.  This was back when I still used my PalmPilot for
something other than Bejeweled.

I'm happy with the one I ended up with, though it's corded and I only use it
at home instead of the store.  We paid $35 for it on eBay because it was
sans drivers and manuals, and it turned out to retail for $300.  Naturally,
since I always do things the hard way, we bought it AFTER I had catalogued
75% of our collection....

Melissa Proffitt