[DWJ] Another question for the brain trust

Mark Allums mark at allums.com
Tue May 1 21:20:42 EDT 2007

Was the scanner attached to anything, like a laptop computer?  There is
a device called a CueCat that is available in the US from a marketing
idea that flopped, and it can be bought from various outlets cheap and
used for reading UPCs and ISBNs.  I can't answer about the database the
guy was using, but I expect there exists one or several that price out
books, since at every college and university, they know exactly how much
to give when they buy back used textbooks.  It's probably a wholesaler's
"guild" thing.

--Mark Allums