[DWJ] Gears

Roslyn rosgross at bigpond.net.au
Fri Mar 30 10:31:20 EDT 2007

I don't know. All I know is that blood alcohol tests are carried out and
there is zero tolerance for Ls and P drivers here. That's all I know about
it but what you're saying is interesting. If there is naturally occurring
alcohol in the body, maybe it doesn't show in the blood? But in that case it
could not have been put forward as a reason not to have the zero alcohol
rule in the UK. And we do have the rule here, and it's enforced. So there
does exist some way of ascertaining zero alcohol in the blood even if the
body does produce some alcohol.

Intriguing question...

Ros

Ros wrote:

>There are also very strict laws about L and P drivers and alcohol:
>when tested, they must have zero alcohol in their blood or they lose their
>licence.

Is that possible?  I thought the body made a small amount of alcohol of its
own without any need to drink it, or something.  That was put forward as a
reason for not making it zero-or-you're-off-the-road here, I seem to
remember.

Minnow