[DWJ] Grandmas

Kyla Mackay-Smith kyla at sccs.swarthmore.edu
Fri Mar 30 08:56:29 EDT 2007

On Fri, 30 Mar 2007, Minnow wrote:

> >Ika said:
> >DWJ usually has a reason for seeming to get it wrong. I even thought of a
> >reason for..
> >
> >Tollie saying he was going to "tell on Hayley" when he had done it already.
> >1. He was going to tell on HAYLEY specifically, not the rest in general, and
>
> Oh.  Yes.  That makes sense.
>
> >2. he is a mythosphere person, and so the times may be a little mixed. He
> >has told/ will tell/ is telling  because that's what Tollie DOES.
>
> The rest of it is a bit more temporally linear in that household, though.
> That's why I was confused by it.

I also figured that that's just how he is--someone does something he
doesn't like, and the response is, "I'm telling!" It doesn't matter if
there's anything to tell or not; it's plenty annoying having someone
whine, "I'm telling!" all the time.

And judging from the reaction, what had been told to Jolyon wasn't the
first worry, the "everyone's playing a game in the mythosphere," it was
the "Hayley's here" thing that we didn't even realize we had to worry
about.

Learning to change lanes takes time and patience. The
best recommendation that can be made is to go to a Celtics
[basketball] game; study the fast break and then go out and
practice it on the highway.
       --the progressive Massachusetts Driver Education Manual