[DWJ] Incestuous dogs (was Byron)

liril at gmx.net liril at gmx.net
Fri Mar 30 07:30:26 EDT 2007

AFAIK the man is currently not in jail, as the constitutional court is going to decide whether the provision in the German criminal code that forbids sexual relations between siblings is valid. He was serving time, however, as he continued sexual relations with his sister after the first criminal sentence.

The two of them had been growing up apart. After meeting as adults (and finding out about being siblings) and they have now four children togehter. I seem to recall from newspaper articles about this case that two of the four children are handicapped. Whether that has anything to do with the - supposed - genetic risks of siblings having children together, I don't know.

Generally, it seems to be a rather tragic case. The sister/mother is under public care. It is possible that she was not able to grasp the implications and therefore was not indicted as her brother. That the children are in public care seems to be more related to the fact that she can't take care of them. All this might of course be media hype to reinforce the common taboo of incest.

Bettina

-------- Original-Nachricht --------