[DWJ] Dogs

Sally Odgers sodgers at iinet.net.au
Fri Mar 30 04:25:24 EDT 2007

>Sure, but still.  Isn't the father of Patchie's children actually one of
>her brothers?  Leaving aside the emotional issues, that's _got_ to be bad
for the gene pool.  I mean, I knew that >purebred dogs were inbred, but I
didn't realize that they were even capable >of being quite _that_ inbred.

In cattle, in the 1960s, line breeding was fashionable. If it worked, it was
called "line breeding", if it went wrong... "inbreeding".

I assume that you could inbreed with perfect genetic safety if the two
parents-to-be had NO nasty recessives???

ODWJM - some of DWJ's characters should not have been let breed... Aunt
Maria, for example.

Sallyo.
Bring the Scion O'Flynn, drink a toast to the curse.

Sure wid glasses o' Guinness be fillin' him first!

(Biddy Banshee)