[DWJ] Grandmas

Sally Odgers sodgers at iinet.net.au
Thu Mar 29 21:15:26 EDT 2007

Ika said:
a grandmother who would
have been old-fashioned in the 70s, or even the 50s',* but! It turned
out there was a good reason for this. Hoorah.

I add... Yes indeed! A LOT of my mentees/assessees get this wrong. They have
parents in the 2000s telling their 11 y-o daughters (born in the late 1990s)
to "behave like ladies"... or else talk about them being "tomboys" because
they wear jeans!

Then there are the incorrect-for-the-generation names...

DWJ usually has a reason for seeming to get it wrong. I even thought of a
reason for..

Tollie saying he was going to "tell on Hayley" when he had done it already.
1. He was going to tell on HAYLEY specifically, not the rest in general, and
2. he is a mythosphere person, and so the times may be a little mixed. He
has told/ will tell/ is telling  because that's what Tollie DOES.

Sallyo.

Call the Priest an' Saint Pat to unravel the curse

Set the snake that the saint banished back in the land

(Biddy Banshee)