[DWJ] Byron (was long ago thread called Book recommendations)

Kyra Jucovy klj at sccs.swarthmore.edu
Thu Mar 29 19:01:21 EDT 2007

Oh, I forgot my ObDWJ incest mentions - once, I was thinking about how to
explain the ending of _Archer's Goon_ to someone who hadn't read the book,
and I realized that I was thinking of saying, "and then Howard starts to
worry that his brother might come back and be interested in dating his
sister."

I'm torn between wanting to avoid talking about _Dogsbody_ and incest
because it's just too disturbing and being curious.  Do dogs really _do_
that?  When I think of the fact that this was the first DWJ book I ever
read, when I was eight. . . it's astonishing.

						---Kyra

---
Polly Whittacker: "Happiness isn't a _thing_.  You can't go out and get it
like a cup of tea.  It's the way you feel about things."
				---Diana Wynne Jones, _Fire and Hemlock_