[DWJ] long ago thread called Book recommendations

Elizabeth Parks henx19 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 16:55:55 EDT 2007

Mark and Otter:

> > I can tell you more about Diana Wynne Jones than the
> > Brontes, for that matter.
>
> Answer #1:  Literary as they were, I doubt they would have
> appreciated Diana Wynne Jones.

Oh, I don't know, I rather think Charlotte at least would have liked
Diana Wynne Jones.  Look how crazy the juvenalia is--very romantic,
one might say drivel.  CB loved Byron and disliked Jane Austen (that
last might set her apart from most of this list).

but I might just think that because I'm very fond of Charlotte Bronte
as a person (or at least my idea of her), in part because we are both
short and have bad eyesight, though mine isn't nearly as bad as hers
was.

lizzie