[DWJ] Gears (was Re: Lurkers on the List)

Otter Perry ottertee at silverwinggraphics.com
Thu Mar 29 15:59:36 EDT 2007

On Mar 29, 2007, at 12:56 PM, Mark Allums wrote:

> One *never* uses the left foot for the brake.  That is a big, Big,
> BIG no-no!  One uses the left foot exclusivly for the clutch, and
> if there isn't a clutch, the left foot is to dangle uselessly on the
> floor. Period.  The very idea!  >shudder<

I had an elderly van once that could only be kept running in
traffic by using one foot on the accelerator and one on the
brake.  If it was not being fed gas at all times, it stalled.

However, except in emergency situations of that sort, I
only use one foot to drive.

The belief in the possibility of a short decisive war
appears to be one of the most ancient and
dangerous of human illusions.

                                 - Robert Lynd