[DWJ] long ago thread called Book recommendations

Otter Perry ottertee at silverwinggraphics.com
Thu Mar 29 15:57:02 EDT 2007

On Mar 29, 2007, at 12:50 PM, Mark Allums wrote:

> I was not an English major; I "read" computer science.
> I can tell you a lot more about a binary tree than any of the Brontes.

[I don't mean to be mean, but I just can't resist this.]

I'm astonished to learn that any of the Brontes even knew
what a binary tree is.

> I can tell you more about Diana Wynne Jones than the
> Brontes, for that matter.

Answer #1:  Literary as they were, I doubt they would have
appreciated Diana Wynne Jones.

Answer #2:  I certainly read Ms. Jones more often than I
read any Bronte, but I do reread _Jane Eyre_ now and again.

In America, anybody can be president.  That's
one of the risks you take.

                                - Adlai Stevenson