[DWJ] ADMINISTRIVIA: list information

deborah.dwj at suberic.net deborah.dwj at suberic.net
Thu Mar 29 13:10:37 EDT 2007

On Thu, 29 Mar 2007, Minnow wrote:
|One of the things I find interesting about this is that when one posts here
|one has *no idea* how many people one is addressing.  Deborah presumably
|knows, but the rest of us don't, how many people are members of the list;
|none of us knows whether those list-members are reading, on a six-month
|trek across the antarctic, or what...

176 subscribed members.  Any list member can see some basic info
about the list (or change his or her own subscription options) at
<http://www.suberic.net/mailman/listinfo/dwj>.  If you forget
your auto-generated password (goodness knows I had), there's a
place at the bottom of that page where you can enter the email
address subscribed to the list and have that password emailed to
you.

There's a certain amount of turnover all the time, but over all
the list has grown very slowly since its inception.  Certainly it
hasn't grown at the pace of either increasing internet use in
general, or at the pace of increased DWJ fandom post-Howl movie
and post-HP books. Sometimes that makes me sad, but on the other
hand, it means I can keep up with it.  I don't know what I'd do
if we were as populous as a list like childlit.

-deborah
--
This song is Copyrighted in U.S., under Seal of Copyright #
154085, for a period of 28 years, and anybody caught singin it